Google thinkauto 2016
Canada’s premier automotive digital marketing event, Google thinkauto, was held September 8th in Toronto’s historic Massey Hall.
Search Optics, a Google AdWords Premier SMB Partner, was invited to attend along with 800+ car dealers, OEMs, auto marketers, and industry experts to share the latest trends, data, and insights in the Canadian auto market.
Sam Sebastian, VP of Google and Managing Director of Google Canada, kicked off thinkauto by encouraging attendees to be trailblazers in their industry’s digital transformation.
Sebastian’s key message? Embrace Change.
Google experts took turns sharing insights into support of Sebastian’s message. Bottom line: The Car Buyer’s Journey is changing, and dealers are underestimating how much of the car buying process consumers would prefer to do outside of the dealership. Google experts say dealers need to treat their internet presence with the same love they have for their brick and mortar dealership.
More thinkauto 2016 insights
- Car buyers who research using both digital and traditional resources spend more than those who only use traditional.
- 9 out of 10 buyers use the internet during their search; the top 4 touchpoints are Search, OEM sites, dealer sites, and review sites.
- 1 in 3 Canadians are currently at some stage of the car buying journey.
- Only 1 in 4 buyers stay brand loyal through their entire journey.
- 1 in 3 buyers use multiple devices: smartphone, tablet and desktop.
- Mobile users have high expectations for a seamless user experience.
- 40% of mobile users will leave sites that take longer than 3 seconds to load.
- Conversion increased by 27% for every 1 second of load time improvement.
- 3 in 5 car buyers took a dealer related action as a result of their Google search in the Buying phase .
- Video is quickly becoming a key platform for consumer research throughout the car buying journey. In fact, 9 in 10 users who leverage video take action.
Learn more about Search Optics and our Google AdWords Premier SMB partnership here.